Sunday, February 8, 2009

Raw.

My BFF Sara has convinced me to try a raw diet for 30 days. I agreed to do, like, 90% raw, and still kind of wondering what exactly I am going to eat. Hmmmmm. Time to brainstorm. Okay, here we go:

avocados, coconut, bananas, melon, berries, squash, plums, nectarines, oranges, lemon, lime, grapefruit, kiwi, flax & hemp seeds, cashews, almonds, walnuts, jicama, spinach, kale, sprouts, nut butter, cacao, dates, agave.... hmmm

restaurants that I can get raw meals at: Juliano's, Euphoria, RFD, Flore, Elf, Cru....

definitely getting ready for lots of salads, smoothies, fruits & veggies, nuts...

+ lots of exercise

+ for christ sake i need to permanently stop drinking coffee !!!

I'm going to start tomorrow, after I finish my last Mighty O donut !!!

3 comments:

the library bird said...

Hi Stacey! Just stopping by your blog to share a link with you: http://madorganica.blogspot.com/

This is my friend Danette's blog - she's another cool tattooed vegan triathlete who blogs and lives in santa monica. I thought you each might like the other's blogs. (I sent her your link too.)

In other news, K and I just did the Master Cleanse....for the first but not the last time. It was great!

Hope you're golden!
xozoey

Diz Rivera said...

Hi Stacey, I'm Danette, Zoey & Keith's friend. Zoey told me there was another tattooed, vegan, triathlete in Santa Moncia who blogs . .. I was like, huh? haha. I'm the over 40 version of you . . .or we just have that stuff in common. I read about your first Tri and other races. You are awesome! I'm planning on doing my first sprint tri in July. I'm kind of excited and kinda nervous. Running is the hardest part for me though I haven't swum seriously in a long time. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the inspiration!

Also, if you end up diggin the raw thing, I have some recipes I could pass along . . .Take care, Danette

Thebeginningandtheend said...

Don't forget to eat in season!