Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update.

Friends,
I am sorry I have been so terrible at updating my blog. The ironic thing about writing in a fitness blog is that, once you are under a strict training regimen, you have no time to be online!! I have been working out 6 days per week, swimming, biking, and running like crazy to prepare for this triathlon.

Swimming is really intense. I literally hadn't swum (swam?) since I was 18 years old, so it's taking me a lot of getting used to. I am not good at it. It's extremely difficult and frustrating. In a couple weeks I have to start swimming in the ocean, which scares the living crap out of me. I'm not looking forward to it.

yay

Biking is becoming easier and easier every day. My team has been doing what we call the "Amalfi loop" - which is a 6 mile loop up and down these brutal hills between the coast and the palisades. It is extremely tough, but I am proud to say that I have been able to conquer the loop 3 times without needing a break. Go me! The other day, Dana and I did a "brick," which is a bike / run combination. We did 8 miles on bike and 3 miles on foot, and I felt really good. This gives me hope. If I can just get the swimming down, I will be pretty much ready to handle the race in October.

One thing I will say is that, when you're training as much as I am, you really need to make sure you are getting enough sleep. I've been to 3 shows this week (Radiohead, Reggie, Portugal the Man) and went out dancing last night... I am SO EXHAUSTED.

New plans:
1. Sleep more
2. Swim more
3. Drink more water
4. Stop eating ice cream every night

1 comment:

sarabethxvx said...

whats the point of all that exercise if you can't have ice cream?!
xoxo