Monday, July 7, 2008

Weird day.

All day I felt so bored, fat, and lazy. The only workout I did was my abs, the only time I left the house was to go buy a bike pump from REI (which ended up not even fitting.) I was feeling completely lethargic, irritated, and ready to just cut my losses and head to bed when my friend Beaver called & invited me on a bike ride. I almost turned it down, but he managed to persuade me and basically drag me out of the house with him and his two buddies.

I am SO glad I went. I feel much better now. We just rode down to Main St., up through the Promenade, then back up Wilshire, but just that short ride turned my mood around. It's amazing how much getting a little workout makes everything seem that much better.

The annoying thing is that I still only have my 1961 Schwinn cruiser to ride around on - I need to get a road bike SO BAD. I don't know where to start or what to get though. Any suggestions? I saw this one at Performance Bikes & it was only $400 and seems like a pretty decent single speed... What do you think?


2 comments:

sarabethxvx said...

looks nice, I think you should go for it!

HiHoRosie said...

I so want a bike. One of these days I will.

BTW, Sara Beth sent me your way. :)