Thursday, July 3, 2008

Running.

So, I have been training to run in an Olympic length relay triathlon at the end of the month. For those who are not familiar, this means I will be doing the 10k run of the race, which is over 6 miles on foot. My training for this has consisted of running twice per week so far, and starting this week I will be doing 3 runs a week (two short, 3 mile runs and one long, 6 mile run per week). I am trying to vary it up between running on the treadmill, on the street, and on the beach, just to keep things interesting and challenging.

Sunday 06/29 I ran a 5k race in Culver City. I averaged a 9 minute mile (first mile 8 minutes, second 9 minutes, third 10 minutes because I walked a bit...), I had only gotten 5 hours sleep the night before and didn't eat breakfast, so I think that under perfect conditions I could probably consistently run an 8 minute mile. I am pretty satisfied with this, though I will continue to push myself of course. Oh, here's a random picture I found of me crossing the finish line:

sporteve 5k race

funny.

Monday night, Lisa and I had some fun at the gym. We lifted weights for about an hour, it was a good time. I was able to do 20 bench presses! (granted I was only lifting the 40 lb bar, but still!) I'd like to keep up some sort of weight lifting regimen, just to stay toned. Yes, we took pictures:


This week I am planning a LONG run (my house to the beach, all the way to Santa Monica pier, then back) for Sunday, then two short runs wednesday and friday. And yoga on Tuesday and the gym on monday... perfect!!

No comments: