Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sick.

Well, I spent Sunday morning and Monday morning in the Pacific Ocean, off of Hermosa Beach. The waves were big but I was able to get a bit more comfortable out there. I met a really nice girl, Carolyn, who trained with me for the two days. She's 20, and Hermosa is her first triathlon as well. She is almost as terrified of the ocean as I am, so we either made a really good or a really bad training team.

When I woke up yesterday I was sick as a dog. There's a strain of strep throat going around my store right now, and it looks like it's caught up to me. This completely ruined my training plans for yesterday and for the rest of the week. I am seeing a doctor tomorrow and hopefully can get some antibiotics in me in time to feel better for our swim on Saturday and of course the RACE on Sunday. This is going to be a brutal weekend if I am still feeling sick.

Things just aren't going my way this week.

I think I am going to sign up for the Treasure Island tri in San Fransisco on November 11th. I originally hadn't planned on it, but the closer I get to doing Hermosa the more I want to plan for the future. I guess we'll see how this weekend goes before I make any official arrangements.

Okay, going back to bed now.

Anyone want to bring me some soup and orange juice?

No comments: