Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Ocean.

The thing about swimming in the ocean is, while it is completely terrifying while you are out there, the moment you step back onto shore it's like "holy crap. when can I do that again??" It's almost like getting tattooed or something - while it hurts like hell, it's worth it every time.

God, I sound like some sort of "extreme sports" bro. YEA, I'M INTO AGGRESSIVE INLINE BLADING. WANT SOME GATORADE?? (kidding).

Anyway. I've been swimming a lot. It's really weird to think about the fact that 2 months ago I literally did not know how to swim. I could float. I could kind of dog paddle. But ask me to put my head under water and I would have serious trouble! Now I am at the pool or 250 yards off shore, 3-4 times a week. Who would have thought?! I'm still not GOOD at it by any means, but I am starting to really enjoy it.



"Courage isn't not being afraid of something. It's being afraid of something but doing it anyway."


If you want to come watch me race, be at the Hermosa Pier on October 12th at the crack of dawn. Come cheer me on!!

1 comment:

sarabethxvx said...

Awww, I will be cheering you from seattle! You give me hope for my ocean swimming future. I went on a nice little 3 mile jog/run today with the new TEEENIE TINY ipod shuffle I got myself. I am listening to harry potter books on tape while I run. Keeps me from getting bored.
;)