Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Discipline

The key to self-liberation is abstinence from the destructive escapism of intoxication.
I separate from the poison, a mindlessness I've always abhored.
-Earth Crisis

Hi. I'm Stacey Spencer. 

(This is me in my awesome Squaw Creek Resort bathrobe. Very luxurious!)


This blog will be dedicated to healthy, clean living, fitness, veganism, feeling good, and anything else I feel is relevant. A lot of posts will basically be journals for myself to keep track of my personal health, but I will also post information, recipes, workout ideas, as well as invite stories and testimonials from friends who live similar lifestyles.

My overall personal goals: eat healthy vegan food, work out every day and stay fit, share ideas with friends.

Specific goals: stop eating so much junk food and caffeine, run a 10k race, be able to touch my toes, stop eating out for every meal. 

SO, here's today:

I am currently in Lake Tahoe with all of the Guitar Center managers at our annual retreat. It is beautiful, the air is clean, and I am surrounded by middle-aged men with beer guts. The food is questionable, but I was able to track down some vegan cereal & soy milk this morning as well as some cantaloupe and honeydew melon. Delicious. Yesterday I had a decent Swedish massage and lounged by the pool all day, so today I figured I better do something active. I hit the gym in the morning for about a 15 minute ab workout, some stretching, a mile run on the treadmill, and some free-weights. Feeling good so far. Maybe an afternoon swim or hike? Tonight we are bowling, does that count as exercise? Probably not!

I return home tomorrow and can't wait to get back to my yoga class. I think I will wander the Farmer's Market for a bit and get some fresh vegetables and fruit as well. mmm. 

That's all for now, stay tuned!

With love,

Stacey

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can learn to cook! I will show you the way!

Have a safe trip back home!

sarabethxvx said...

xoxo I have one too

shawn said...

just the last couple weeks i've been thinking the same things.... that im going to work harder to eat right. the food i eat is all really good, I just don't eat enough out of laziness and hatred of spending money. Ive been thinking i've gotta go out and keep stock of all the foodgroups and count protein grams and eat dark greens, and just eat MORE. fun retreat