Friday, June 20, 2008

Exercise.

Okay, here is the training plan:

-Run: twice per week (Sunday & Wednesday). Runs will start at 4 miles and increase up to 6 miles (or more?) over the next two months.

-Yoga: twice per week (Tuesday & Thursday -or- Friday). 1 1/2 hour yoga sessions with Ally at Santa Monica Power Yoga. To build strength and hopefully more flexibility over time.

-15 minute abdominal work out: every day. That core strength is so vitally important. Plus I totally have a "store manager tummy" - this is what you get from a mixture of stress, bad diet, and often sitting behind a desk (as well as, for most managers, drinking beer nightly. At least I have that one working for me!)

So, that is the PLAN. As of right now, I am generally doing yoga twice per week, running only once per week, and doing the ab workout about three times per week. It's time to step it up!!

The best part about the run training is that my apartment is almost exactly 2 miles from the beach, so a perfect run takes me to the beach and back for a solid 4 miles. As my endurance builds I will start to run 2 miles to the beach, all the way to Santa Monica pier, then back up to my place which is probably about 6 miles total. I know I can do this, I just need to keep it up!!

Here's the view coming down the hill from my apartment to the beach - amazing:



I love Santa Monica.

2 comments:

sarabethxvx said...

YES!!! I think going to the beach would even get ME to run ;)

Unknown said...

so what are you going to do for your ab exercise?
I am using you as inspiration so keep the blogs coming!!
-kt-